Monday, May 9, 2011

The Next Step - SPOILERS

Those of you who read my updates as they come, and do NOT wish to be spoiled about the outcome of this experiment, might want to click away now.  I'm going to be revealing the outcome of my this project, and my plans for the future.  

I made it.  I've reached Level 85 in the 102 days that I've been keeping this blog since January 28, 2011.  I'm proud to report that I've lost 45 pounds, and am feeling great. Before and after pictures will be featured in my Level 85 post.  However, I still have some work to do, and I'd like to keep this going until I reach my ultimate goal.  Therefore, I am going to start from Level 1 again...with a twist.  

This time, rather than being a pseudo travel guide for the game, i.e. "I am Level __, here is a place where I might be", this time around, I will chronicle one character's journey from 1 to 85.  And since I've gotten some feedback from people telling me that "You missed ____," or "There's not enough Horde stuff," I am putting the decisions of what race and class my character will be, and what professions they will have, into the hands of the readers.  On the blog's main page, I have created a poll, which will determine my character's race.  Sometime soon, I will tally the results and put up another poll, this time to determine the class, and later on, professions.  I hope that if you are reading this on an RSS or Google Reader, that you click over and vote, because the more interactive this is, the more fun.  It just takes a second, so VOTE OR DIE (or don't vote, whatever.)  Also, encourage your friends to vote, if for no other reason than to ensure that I play a blood elf something, who has to suffer through the engineering slog.  My pain can be your Schadenfreude

While I won't be posting any updates for a few days after I finish my Level 81-85 ones, I will still be keeping track of my routine and my levels gained, so that I have a head start on content when Round 2 begins.  

As always, thank you all for reading, and make sure you vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment